The purpose of these are:
• To give an opportunity to show how much progress students have made.
• To help teachers assess if students are on target.
• To help teachers gather evidence for Predicted Grades if GCSEs examinations were disrupted by COVID19.
• To provide exam practice so when your child is taking GCSE examinations they know what to expect.
• To help teachers assess if your child needs extra help in their work.
To support pupils in preparing for mock exams they have access to the following
• Curriculum Seminars for revision before and after school (timetable here- https://www.newallgreenhigh.manchester.sch.uk/news/2020-10-09-supporting-revision)
• Revision workbooks provided for every for EBACC subjects
• Revision strategies modelled in class and classroom revision lessons
• Revision resources on MS Teams
• Access to Seneca, GCSE Pod, Hegarty maths, BBC Bitesize, Oak National Academy revision lessons
If you are learning from home you can access distanced learning platforms here.
See the booklet below:
To support Mock Exam Revision we are delivering a programme of Curriculum Revision Seminars for the 4 weeks until Mock Exam fortnight. These short, intense 30 minute sessions will start this week from Monday 12th October 2020.
|2.45 pm||Art||Maths F||English||Maths H|
The before school revision seminars will start at 08:15am so it is essential that students arrive at 08:10am at reception punctual ready for a prompt start. For every 5 sessions attended pupils can collect a reward prize and attendance will be recorded.
We also know that having an exam season helps students to start practicing their revision skills which we will work on in lessons. We know that honing these skills is essential to exam success and building memory recall. We also want to give students the chance to practice under exam conditions so that we can further support with developing strategies to manage the demands - well in advance of the real exam season. We will share details of what students will be tested upon in each subject, where they can access additional revision materials and provide an exam timetable before half term in the post.
Any students who are learning from home will be able to access the resources via MS teams following the sessions.