Students need to make sure they keep themselves safe at all times when online. The policy below is for school and gives you some guidelines.
If you are worried about anything when using the internet then tell someone in your family or at school.
You can also use the following websites for help or to report problems:
S.H.A.R.P (School Help Advice Reporting Page).
If you wish to contact us through Ms Donovan, you dont have to leave your details if you dont want to. Please take the time to look through the pages and if you feel that you can help to keep our school a safe, friendly and fun place to be you can get in touch using the link above.
e-Safety Policy: Students
1. You must only access those services you have been given permission to use.
2. You must not access the service without a supervisor. A supervisor can either be any member of staff.
3. If you are using the internet within a lesson then you may only use the web sites you have been asked to. At lunchtimes or after school priority will be given to students using the internet for school work.
4. Do not disclose any password or login name you have been given, to anyone.
5. Do not give personal addresses, telephone / fax numbers of any person. Under no circumstances give addresses/telephone numbers/fax numbers of any teachers and students at Newall Green High School. Use of names of students, or photographs of students will require written permission from parent(s)/guardian(s).
6. Do not download, use or upload any material and use material which is copyright. Always seek permission from the owner, before using any material from the Internet. If in doubt, or you cannot obtain permission, do not use the material.
7. Under no circumstances should you view, upload or download and material which is likely to be unsuitable for children or schools. This applies to any material of a violent, dangerous, racist, or inappropriate sexual content. If you are not sure about this, or any materials, you must ask your supervisor. If you see another student doing this you should report it to a teacher immediately.
8. Always respect the privacy of files of other users. Do not enter the file areas of other students or staff without obtaining permission from them first.
9. You must agree for the systems operator to view any material you store on the school's computers, or on disks you use on school's computers.
10. Be polite and appreciate that other users might have different views than your own. The use of strong language, swearing or aggressive behaviour is not allowed. Do not state anything which could be interpreted as libel.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in one or more of the following:
(a) A ban, temporary or permanent, on the use of the Internet facilities at school.
(b) A letter informing your parents of the nature and breach of rules.
(c) A C3 detention and referral to Head of Year.
(d) Any other action decided by the Head and Governors of Newall Green High School.
If you do not understand any part of this eSafety Policy, you must see any ICT teacher.